You must show an ID at the polls in order to vote.
Acceptable forms of ID include:
- Voter confirmation documents
- Virginia driver’s license
- Virginia DMV-issued photo ID
- US Passport
- Employer-issued photo ID
- Student ID issued by any community college or university in the US
- Other US or Virginia government issued photo ID
- Tribal enrollment or other tribal photo ID
- Virginia Voter Photo ID card
- A copy of a current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck, or other government document containing the name and address of the voter
- Signed ID Confirmation Statement
If you forget your ID and don't want to sign an ID Confirmation Statement, you can vote a provisional ballot that will only be counted if you bring the appropriate ID or a signed ID Confirmation Statement by Friday noon after the election.
For a more detailed list of acceptable IDs, click here.