You can now register to vote online! You will need a WI driver's license or ID in order to complete the online registration. If you do not have either form of ID you can either mail the registration papers or register to vote in person.
To register to vote, you are required to supply your Wisconsin department of transportation issued driver's license or ID card number. If you have not been issued a Wisconsin driver's license or ID, you must provide the last 4 digits of your Social Security number or your Wisconsin state ID card number. Alternately, you may indicate that you have not been issued a Wisconsin driver's license, ID, or Social Security number. Your registration cannot be processed until you provide this information.
You must provide proof of residence in order to establish your current address. The following constitute acceptable proof of residence (must contain your current and complete name, a current and complete residential address, including a numbered street address, if any and the name of a municipality):
- A current and valid Wisconsin driver's license
- A current and valid Wisconsin ID card
- Any other official identification card or license issued by a Wisconsin governmental body or unit
- Any ID card issued by an employer in the normal course of business and bearing a photo of the card holder, but not including a business card
- A real estate tax bill or receipt for the current year or the year preceding the date of the election
- A residential lease which is effective on day of registration (this will not be sufficient for first time voters registering by mail)
- A university, college or technical institute fee statement within the last 9 months with a student ID
- A utility bill (gas, electric or telephone service) received within the past 90 days
- Bank statement
- A check or other document issued by a unit of government
More proof of residence examples can be found here.