Information Icon
Become a Poll Worker Today

It’s never too early to help democracy! By signing up to be a poll worker, you can ensure that all voters—including voters with disabilities, voters who need language assistance, and voters who want to cast their ballot in person—have a positive experience at the polls. Sign up today!

All voters are required to show photo ID or sign a Personal Identification Affidavit to cast a regular ballot.

Acceptable forms of ID include:

  • An Idaho driver's license or photo Identification Card
  • A U.S. passport or Federal photo identification card
  • A tribal photo identification card.
  • A license to carry a concealed weapon issued by a county sheriff in Idaho

The name on the ID must match the name on the registration list in the poll book but common abbreviations and nicknames are acceptable.

NOTE: Beginning in 2024, student IDs issued by Idaho high schools or higher education institutions won't be accepted as a valid form of voter ID.

If you do not have an acceptable form of ID, you can get one from your local DMV. You must bring proof of age, residency, legal presence, name change (if applicable) and your Social Security number in order to obtain your new ID.

Also, if you do not have acceptable forms of ID you may be given the option to sign the Personal Identification Affidavit. Please ask in your polling location for this option if needed.

Voters can call or text 844-338-8743 at any time to reach VoteRiders Voter ID Helpline