Information Icon
Become a Poll Worker Today

It’s never too early to help democracy! By signing up to be a poll worker, you can ensure that all voters—including voters with disabilities, voters who need language assistance, and voters who want to cast their ballot in person—have a positive experience at the polls. Sign up today!

Voters must show photo ID when casting a vote.

Acceptable forms of ID include:

  • A driver's license or nondriver's ID card issued by Kansas, or by another state or district in of the U.S.
  • A concealed carry of handgun license issued by Kansas, or a concealed carry of handgun or weapon license issued by another state or district of the U.S.
  • A U.S. passport
  • An employee badge or ID document issued by a municipal, county, state, or federal government office or agency
  • A military ID issued by the U.S.
  • A student ID card issued by an accredited post-secondary institution of education in the state of Kansas.
  • A public assistance ID card issued by a municipal, county, state, or federal government office or agency.
  • An ID card issued by an Indian tribe

Photo ID is also required for early voting and absentee voting.

EXCEPTIONS AVAILABLE: Persons over 65 may use expired documentation as proof of identity. Also, if your religious beliefs prohibit photographic ID you may be exempt, but you must sign a Declaration of Religious Objection before voting.

FREE ID: ID cards for persons over 17 years old are free if the applicant signs an affidavit attesting that the ID is needed for purposes of voting in Kansas and that the applicant does not possess any other form of identification qualifying as acceptable ID for voting. The applicant must also produce evidence that he/she is a registered voter in Kansas. Find that affidavit here. Unique among the states, Kansas provides free birth certificates to persons born in Kansas if needed to acquire a photo ID for voting.

Voters can call or text 844-338-8743 at any time to reach VoteRiders Voter ID Helpline