Photo ID is required before voting.
Acceptable photo ID include:
- Alabama Driver's License
- Alabama Law Enforcement Agency Digital Driver's License
- Alabama Non-Driver ID
- Alabama Law Enforcement Agency Digital Non-Driver ID
- Alabama Photo Voter ID
- State Issued ID (Alabama or any other state)
- Federal Issued ID
- US Passport
- Employee ID from Federal Government, State of Alabama, County Government, Municipality, Board, Authority, or other entity of this state
- Student or employee ID from a college of university in the state of Alabama (including postgraduate technical or professional schools)
- Military ID
- Tribal ID
- Valid AL Department of Corrections Release Temporary ID (photo required)
- Valid AL Movement/Booking Sheet from Prison/Jail System (photo required)
- Valid Pistol Permit (photo required)
If you do not have a valid photo ID you may vote only if you are identified by two election officials in the polling place as a voter on the poll list who is eligible to vote and the election officials execute an affidavit stating this.
If you do not have a valid photo ID and the election officials are not able to identify you, you must cast a provisional ballot.
If you do not have a photo ID, you can get one from the Secretary of State or from your county Board of Registrars. You are able to get a new photo ID card each time you move within the state.
If you are elderly or have a disability such that your polling place is not accessible, you are not required to produce identification when voting by absentee ballot.
Voters can call or text 844-338-8743 at any time to reach VoteRiders Voter ID Helpline