A photo ID will be requested of you, but you may sign a simple affidavit and have your photo taken.
Acceptable Federal and State Photo IDs (may be expired within the last five years, unless you are over 65 and then no expiration restrictions apply)
- Driver's license issued by any state
- Non-driver's photo ID from any state
- US Armed Services photo ID
- US passport or passport card
- NH photo ID issued by the DMV for voting purposes only
Student Photo IDs (issued or expiration date within 5 years)
- NH schools including public and private colleges and universities, community colleges and licensed career schools
- Public high schools and private high schools that are approved by the NH Department of Educations
- A photo ID deemed acceptable by a Supervisor of the Checklist, Moderator or Town or City Clerk
- Verification of a person's identity by a Supervisor of the Checklist, Moderator or Town or City Clerk
- An affidavit filled out and signed by the voter and an authorized election officer
If you are over 65 years old you may use a photo ID regardless of its expiration date. Voters younger than 65 years old may not use a photo ID that has been expired more than 5 years.
If you do not have an approved photo ID you may get a free photo ID for voting purposes only by presenting a voucher from your town/city clerk to any New Hampshire DMV office that issues identification.
Voters can call or text 844-338-8743 at any time to reach VoteRiders Voter ID Helpline